Walking and Running with Poles for Ultra's - 4th November 2017
Learn to walk and run with poles.
Come and learn to use poles for running to literally 'propel' yourself to your best PB ever in your next Ultra, Mountain or !
On this course you will learn the following:
- Which poles are good for running with
- Why you should choose certain poles
- What the benefits are for using poles
- How to walk using poles to propel you forwards, and not just for balance
- How to use poles to propel your forwards whilst running
Once we've understood the skills and put them into practice using drill's, we will then head out for a short run (5km to 10km) for you to be able to use your poles in a real situation. During the run we will cover how to use poles for moving up hill, whether running or walking and how to use them on your descent.
- Leki poles to use - a selection of styles and types.
- Tea and Coffee
- Course Notes
- A professionally designed and delivered course
- Course notes to remind you what you have learnt.
- A FREE buff
09:30 to 15:30
- 3 hours learning intensive Nordic Walking
- 3 hours learning to run with poles in the most efficient way
The course will be open to 6 people, but will need a minimum of 3 people in order to run - please see our Terms & Conditions for further information
The course will be £65 (Inc VAT) per person.
4th November 2017
Please bring the following and make sure you have everything, although we have some spare kit, we don't have everything. We will supply you with poles from Leki and Mountain King:
- Full waterproof cover (Jacket and Pants)
- A spare warm top, not cotton please. Wool or synthetic will be fine
- Suitable footwear for wet ground, preferably off road running shoes. We will not be running much.
- Hat & Gloves
- Lunch & Drinks
Mountain Run HQ, Glenridding, CA11 0PD