Keswick Mountain Festival Salomon 25km Trail Race 2017
Come and race this established 'Classic' Trail Race through the stunning Borrowdale and Watendlath Valleys.
The Keswick Mountain Festival 25km Trail Race sits halfway between the 10km & 50km routes in difficulty, ascent & terrain you run on. Technical, fast, flowing & rugged trails take you around Derwent Water with the Watendlath Valley thrown in for good measure.
Date: Saturday 10th June
Start Time: 11:30
- Electronic chip timing
- Event t-shirt
- FREE Concert Ticket
- 2 feed stations
- Fully and extremely well marked route
- Medical Support
What’s great about this event?
- Start and finish at Crow Park where your friends and family can stick around and enjoy the daytime activities
- A stunning circumnavigation of Derwent Water & the hidden valley of Watendlath - Think Ashness Bridge & Bob Graham!
- A challenging route taking your next step up from the 10km & springing you towards the Ultra scene
2015: 1:53:38 - Conrad Franks, Gateshead Harriers AC
2016 CR 1:51:17 - Eion Lennon, Team Mountain Fuel
The 25km route starts from inside Crow Park, heading down the east side of Derwent Water, it then crosses the road & heads up into Great Wood, taking the fantastic & very European rocky trails to run under Falcon Crag & then into Watendlath. Stunned by this valley & its amazing single track you will then climb out over Grange Fell & descend the fast & furious track to the Rosthwaite Institute & your 1st CP of the day. Watered & fed, by the Team Nutrition guys, you will then head north down Borrowdale arriving at the next CP/Drinks Station at Hawes End. Next you run the lake shore paths until Portinscale is reached & head back into Keswick via the Bob Graham Round finish. Once on the streets of Keswick you will be quickly directed to the back alley, running behind Booths super market, by marshals, to your glory finish back at Crow Park.
This route is amazing to run, gives you some of the best views in the Lakes & takes you on a roller coaster of the Borrowdale Valley. What more could you ask for?
Required kit list:
You must comply with the kit list below and carry this with you on the day of the race.*
- WATERPROOF whole body cover (i.e. covering the torso from head to ankles)
- Other body cover appropriate for the weather conditions including, as a minimum, hat and gloves but also e.g. a fleece
- Emergency food (a bar or gel, which can only be used in an emergency).
- Mobile phone fully charged
- First aid kit to include: blister plasters/1 large sterile wound dressing/bandage or tape to secure dressing
- 0.5L fluid (A hot weather day) - we advise you take fluids anyway, as the first half of the course is very demanding.
Please dress appropriately depending on the weather conditions on the day of the event, i.e sensible footwear and clothing, e.g: Waterproof, Trail Shoes, Spare Warm Layer etc
We strongly advise you wear Trail Shoes for this event!
*The race director and Keswick Mountain Festival reserve the right to ask you to carry more clothing on the day of the race, depending on the weather conditions. This will be detailed to you via email in the run up to the race.
We will be using an Electronic Event Timing Solution for this race so we will have complete knowledge of who starts & who finishes.
There will be two checkpoints (CP) at Rosthwaite Institute and Hawes End which all competitors must dib in at with their timing card, failure to do this will mean disqualification from the race & putting the whole event at risk, this is for your safety. At both CP's there will be a feed stations where you can fuel up with water and snacks.
The route will be extremely well marked throughout, no navigational experience is necessary.
The Festival Village is located adjacent to The Theatre By The Lake close to Derwentwater.
Address: Lakeside Keswick Cumbria CA12 5DJ